What is Freelance?

MMC Management is a commercial contractor. We sub-contract you and your services out to recruitment agencies and clients. MMC then charges the agency or client a fee for the services that you have provided, out of this fee we then deduct a competitive margin from the contract.

Freelance is for those self-employed sub-contractors that work outside of the construction industry. On a weekly basis MMC Management pays its sub-contractors for the services they have provided.

MMC Management does not deduct National Insurance contributions or tax from the gross payment. Payment of these will need to be arranged through an accountant.

As a self-employed contractor any expenses that you incur during the course of providing your services you can claim for at the end of the financial year by completing a tax return. If you are unsure about how to do this, let us know and we will put you in touch with an accountant.

Why use a commercial contractor?

Most agencies are unwilling to contract directly with self-employed sub-contractors, therefore contracting through a commercial contractor like MMC Management gives you the opportunity to take agency work whilst keeping your self-employed status.

How does MMC Management help?

MMC Management liaises with the agency and invoices them for the work that you have done. On a weekly basis we then release a payment to you after deducting the CIS tax contributions at a level advised by HMRC at the time of verification.

On a weekly and monthly basis MMC Management will send you a payment advice for your records to make completing your tax return easier.

As a self-employed sub-contractor you are in charge of making your own National Insurance contributions, in order to set up a direct debit call HMRC on 0845 366 7899.

Why choose Freelance

  • One Contract for services
  • Transparent and competitive margin structure
  • Keep your Self Employed Status
  • Be in charge of your own tax affairs Insurance cover
  • Experienced customer service team
  • Weekly and Monthly payment advice to help you with your tax returns

What to do next?

To register with MMC Management we need the following documents from you:

  1. Completed Registration Form
  2. Signed copy of Contract for Services
  3. Supply proof of eligibility to work in the UK – i.e. passport